- He lives vicariously through himself.
- He is left-handed and right-handed.
- The police often question him just because they find him interesting.
- His blood smells like cologne.
- He tips an astonishing 100%.
- In museums, he is allowed to touch the art.
- He has won the lifetime achievement award, twice.
- He bowls overhand.
- He is fluent in all languages, including three that only he speaks.
Thirst is an indication that something is lacking. Physical thirst indicates that your body is lacking the water it needs to function. Other metaphorical thirsts point out that there's an emptiness that is longing to be filled.
One of the things that Jesus is recorded saying while he hung on the cross is, "I am thirsty". That seems like a throw-away comment and it's surprising that the disciple John felt it was important to record in his gospel. However, I believe that there's significance in this statement of Jesus. We're going to take a look at it this Sunday, April 6th. I hope you'll be able to join us.
Church Workday - featuring Donuts!
And, yes, there will be donuts!