Opportunities come and go in our lives and many of them require us to respond in the moment. If we aren't prepared or even paying attention, we'll miss out on our chance. The most successful business person, athlete, or Jesus-follower needs to be ready for when key moments arrive.
In Ephesians 5:15-20, Paul spells out God's strategy for success and it revolves around being in tune with the Holy Spirit who lives within us and being ready to make the most of the opportunities He brings our way to BLESS others. I hope you'll be able to join us as we look at this passage this coming Sunday, Oct. 29th.
We need your help to make this a success. Here are some different ways you can participate:
- Sign up your trunk! Decorate it in a simple or elaborate way - your choice. There are lots of ideas on sites like Pintrest or you can talk to Jenni Tissell or Naomi Murray for suggestions. The key is to have candy to pass out to the kids.
- Provide candy for the event
- Come and interact with the families who attend. There will be plenty of opportunities to have friendly conversations with folks who may not be sure about church or church people. God can use you to help bridge the gap as we bless them!
And following Trunk or Treat, head down to Cascade Bible Church for their Carnival!
Well, we're offering another chance to learn the answers to these and other questions through our "Exploring Church Membership" class. On Sunday afternoon, November 12th, from noon to 3:00 pm, Pastor Jeff and Tami will host this class in their home. We'll share lunch, hear stories, watch some short videos, and give you the lowdown. There's no requirement to join the church after attending, but this is the pathway to formally affiliating with CCC as a church member.
Contact Pastor Jeff to let him know of your interest or for further info.
- Come on Wednesday evenings as an adult friend and co-learner
- Provide a meal for the group (contact Danielle in the church office)
- Join the Youth Commission that is being formed
- Help plan/lead a fun event
- Provide a resource (i.e. your home, sports equipment, boat, etc.)
- Be a PRAYER supporter